Friday, October 25, 2013

Decisions Decisions Decisions...

**** THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED ON SEPTEMBER 23RD 2013... BUT I AM JUST NOW ADDING IT... SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION ****

Hello ladies and gents!!!

I am going to be purchasing a new phone and / or a new tablet very soon. I want to share some of the new pictures that I am going to be taking very soon with you all. I have some hair pictures that I am going to share ( so that you can see the new growth and how my hair is coming along ), AND... I am in the middle of deciding if I want to go ahead and to put Kinky twists or Senegalese twists in my hair!!! All I have to do is take a trip to the beauty supply store , and pick up my hair!!! By that time I will be able to tell you which style I am going to go for!!! (^_^)





*** FRUIT OF THE MONTH!!!***

These are Pluot's!!! And what the hell are those do you ask??? Well, let me tell you !!!
Pluots, apriums, apriplums, or plumcots, are some of the hybrids between different Prunus species that are also called interspecific plums. In the United States and Canada, these fruits are known by most regulatory agencies as interspecific plums. The strangely named "pluot®" is a hybrid plant grown from a plum and an apricot. Pluots® are extremely sweet, due to very high sugar levels, and are available in a wide range of varieties. The actual ratio works out to around 70% plum and 30% apricot and they mainly look like plums. They have a great deal of nutritious value and are low in fat, making them ideal for snacking or sweetening up other dishes.
 

Common Varieties

Pluots® are sometimes also referred to as "Dinosaur Eggs®" due to the strange dappled coloring on some types of the fruit. The name has actually been trademarked by a California pluot® grower, though there are still a wide range of available types with other strange-sounding names. Varieties such as the "flavor grenade," "dapple dandy," and "flavorglo" are fairly common, as are the "hand grenade" and the "last chance." The "flavor heart" is one of the largest types of pluot®, heart shaped with black coloring and yellow flesh, while the "candy stripe" has pink and yellow stripes with spotted red skin.


I have always been a fan of plums, especially the hard kinds that are bitter to the taste and have a sweet aftertaste on the end of the bite. What I like the most about these are that the flavor is so very delicious and tasty!!! I will be eating these until they no longer have them in season!!! And yes this is an image of Organic Pluot's. I am not sure how long they are in season for, but you better believe I am eating them damn near every day!!! (^_^)


Until next time my friends..... Adios (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment