Friday, August 2, 2013

Ayurvedic Powder: My Experience with using Kalpi Tone for the First Time!!!

Hey there ladies and gents,

I am just going to get straight into it!!! Okay, I told you guys that I was going to start using Ayurvedic oils and powders to cleanse my hair right??? Well, last night I decided to try using Kalpi Tone. First of all, I believe I did maybe 5 things that I was not supposed to do.


#1: I had my hair in an old twist out. What that basically means is that my hair was extremely tangled to begin with.

#2: I only had one box of Kalpi Tone that was supposed to be applied to my entire head. Seeing as my hair is exceptionally thick, and has a decent amount of length to it ( from the front my hair stretched reached the middle part of my breasts, from the back it is below bra strap length ) I had to keep adding alo vera juice and water to the mix in order to stretch the content.

#3: I did not use shampoo to get the remains of the Kalpi Tone mud mixture out of my hair and scalp.
 
#4: I did not wear gloves. So I had the mud paste caked all in between and betwixt my finger nails. It took me hours to get that crap from under my nails... there are still some grains stuck between the nooks and crannies.

#5: And the last thing that was a definite no no was the fact that I did not have more than 3 hours to devote to applying the application, sitting with the mixture in the sauna, rinsing the mixture out, having a successful detangling process.


With that said, I will tell you what I experienced first hand.


When I first applied the mud/ clay to my scalp, I was under the impression that it was going to be smooth and easy to manipulate and work into my hair and ends. Boy was I naïve.  I tried to smooth the paste through my hair, and I felt my hair actually snag... multiple times!!! I mean... seriously, I was waaaaaayyyyy out of my element. It was like dragging my hair through a cheese grater. It was just that bad. Granted, I should have detangled my hair first. So, when I decide to tackle this experience again... I will most certainly make sure that my hair is in a more manageable state. Another thing that I will be doing , is making sure that I have enough powder AND that I make the consistency  much thinner than how I first made the paste.

Did I notice a difference in my hair after rinsing out ( attempting  to rinse out ) the mud/ clay mixture??? I might have been able to notice something if I was not so busy trying to detangle my hair from it's locked state!!! But I think my hair was a bit softer. Not sure though. I am going to have to have another go at this entire process in order to have an objective perspective!!! My curls might have been more defined , but I honestly could not tell.

I mixed Apple cider vinegar in the paste just to make sure that my scalp was going to be clean after I rinsed the mixture in my hair. And, to help with healing properties, I also added alo vera juice to cool my scalp. I don't think I mentioned this before, but for the past week or so my scalp has been very sore in different places. This tends to happen I believe once a year or so. Maybe a bit more often, but I have not paid it much attention to know for sure. Well, I had been putting extra dark castor oil on the problem eczema like scabs of what I originally thought was flake like dandruff. I still don't know what it is, but apparently Kalpi Tone I supposed to improve the health of my scalp. So, I am going to try this another time when I have more time.


Now, before I started using the item... naturally I read reviews and read some pretty funny stuff. One customer stated that some of the mixture got in her eye. She said she was shocked by how much more her eye burned by using the product than it had ever been when soap got in her eye. And that burning sensation did not let up until about an hour later. I laughed my butt off... that is until some flyaway hair covered in paste landed in my left eye. It burned so bad!!! I could not believe it!!! The only description I could imagine that would imitate what I was feeling was if someone were to say they experienced having a drop of gasoline drip into their eye. So yeah... you damn near have to wear protective eye glasses while applying this stuff. It's that serious.

Anywho, I do not have any pictures yet... because I do not have a phone yet to take said pictures. But the moment I get another phone, I shall take pictures throughout the paste making process, application, rinse and style.


The next time I do this, you better believe I am going to be far more prepared than I was this first time around. I guarantee you that !!!

Welp, I hope you enjoyed my post today. Hopefully I will have something more exciting to share with you soon. So, Until then...

довиждане  (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment