Wednesday, October 23, 2013

YES!!! I finally did it!!! (^_^) Kinky Twists!!!

Hey you guys !!! I know I had been talking about it forever, forever, forever like for over a month!!! But On October 14th and 15th ( notice I mentioned two days) I finally installed Kinky Twists!!! (^_^)


 
Am I satisfied with my hairstyle??? HELLS YEAH!!! Did it take all of my life force to complete this task??? You had better believe it!!! BUT... I would not change the learning and installing process for anything in the world!!!
 
Let me first start with the basics:
 
Items Purchased and Used:
  • 6 packs of  Black and Gold Marley Dreadlock hair in the color T1b/ wine with burgundy tip
  • 1 pack of 1B/ Red with Red Tips marley hair
  • 1 aluminum rat tail comb
  • 1 pack of 5 sectioning clips by Goody
  • 8oa bottle of Jamaican Black Extra Dark Castor Oil
  • Mixed a container of Shea Moistures's  curling soufflé and kinky Curlie's Curling custard
  • 1 water spray bottle filled with water, leave in conditioner, and multi oil mix
Out of the items I purchased, I only used 3 and 3/4th packs of the T1b/wine/burgundy tip hair and about 1/3 of the 1B/ Red with red tip hair. The hair I purchased from ikickshins.net was $5.99 per pack which is amazing in comparison to all of the other prices online and in the stores. The other thing I liked was that the hair was long enough @ 17 inches. Although some of my hair is a little longer then 17 inches, I was able to stagger the hair to make it long enough to achieve the length I wanted (which I will explain in detail in the next blog). Plus, they have a wide variety of colors to choose from that really made it an easy decision for me to purchase my hair from them. I purchased the Jamaican Black Extra Dark Castor oil on ebay for about $18.00 with free shipping. Totally worth it by the way!!! The rat tail comb was also purchased on ebay for like $3.00. And I can tell you right now that I needed that comb in order to make the parts as straight as I managed to make them. All of the other items were available at Target.
 
All in all with taking breaks , eating dinner and flat out going to bed... I would say that it took me approximately 13 -15 hours maximum to complete this hairstyle on myself. Some of the reason it took so long was because I wanted to use the invisible twist in method. This method makes the hair look as  though it is growing straight out of your scalp. Plus it bypassed that braid in method. For me I really REALLY had no interest in installing the twists by having to braid the hair in. I just wanted twists and only twists. I just think it looks better when the twists start at the root and go all the way down. There are plenty of people that braid the hair first and then twist, but I did not want to be one of those people. As a result , I think my hair came out very VERY well. The method that I chose was more difficult when it came to installing the extension hair . I can admit that. This is part of the reason it took me soo long to complete the look. Because there were several twists that I had to re-twist because they were either too loose, or they did not look as good as the twists I had managed to do when I finally got the hang of setting the hair and making the roots tight.
 
Anywho, I just wanted to share the pictures with you all and let you know that I installed them!!! In my next blog, I will give you the complete details of how I did them, and everything else!!!
 
Until then love bugs ...Не до следующего раза (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment